The Best UX Design Agencies Follow These Rules – 6 Mins
The best UX design agencies know that It’s not enough for a website to look attractive. It also has to work well. Even the best-looking design doesn’t feel good if it’s hard to get around. This is why UX design is so important and Sunshine Coast businesses really need to lift their standards.
Designing for UX
1. Designing for UX means taking into consideration the needs and wants of the user when designing a website. It is important to consider how the user will interact with the site, and what their experience will be like. An unpleasant experience means the user will likely bounce, and not convert into a sale. This is important stuff!
2. Google also thinks it’s important. If you want to rank highly, Google measure your site on user experience. It’s all about making sure that the user has a positive experience. This means taking into account things like ease of use, functionality, and aesthetics. For example, if you have a font that is low contrast with the background, or too small. You’ll be penalised for this.
3. There are some common UX design rules that you should follow in order to create a successful product or service. These include things like making sure the user interface is simple and easy to use, ensuring that there is a consistent look and feel throughout the site, and providing helpful and informative messages to the user. They should be able to navigate your site with ease.
4. Following these UX design rules will help you create a website that users will enjoy using. If you can make their experience positive, they are more likely to convert into leads, and ultimately buy your products or services.
One of the most important UX design rules is to create a visual hierarchy. This means that you need to make sure that the most important elements on your page are given the most prominence. This can be done through things like using contrasting colors, different fonts, or larger sizes. For example, your CTA’s (Call to action buttons) should be obvious, not subtle.
Creating a visual hierarchy helps users to understand what is important on the page and makes it easier for them to find what they are looking for. Guide their eyes towards the call-to-action (CTA). A well-designed visual hierarchy will make your page more user-friendly and help you to achieve your desired conversions and sales.
The best UX design agencies create user personas
1. The best UX design agencies consider user personas. They are one of the most important UX design rules to follow. A user persona is a fictional character that represents a specific type of user. Creating a user persona prior to the design phase helps you to understand the needs and wants of your target users. Who are they, what are they feeling etc. It also helps you to design features that will appeal to them.
2. Another important UX design rule is to keep things simple. Users should be able to understand your interface quickly and easily. This means keeping your design uncluttered and using clear and concise language. Keep paragraphs short, with clear titles so people can skim-read and reference.
3. Our third UX design rule is to make sure your interface is responsive. This means that it should work well on different devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. Your interface should also be easy to use on different browsers and operating systems. Google measures something called cumulative design shift. This means if there’s a button half off the screen you can’t click, then you get penalised, and this is far more common than you think because of all the tablets and variety of phones people view your site on.
4. To test your interface with real users before you launch on many different devices is essential. This is a rule in itself and there’s software to make this easy. This will help you to identify any problems with your design and make sure that users can actually use your interface successfully.
Following these UX design rules will help you create an interface that is both effective and appealing to users.
Home Page Layouts
The best UX design agencies understand that the layout of your home page is important for several reasons. First, it should be easy for visitors to find what they are looking for. Second, the layout should be simple and uncluttered. Third, the layout should be designed to lead visitors to take the actions you want them to take.
Some common layout design principles include using a clear hierarchy, both structural and visual. Structural refers to Linking your site to the main sections of your website. Let’s assume you have an eCommerce surf clothing brand. The structural hierarchy would link to your Mens and Womens section first, and thereafter to Hoodies, Pants, Accessories etc.
A Visual hierarchy is different but also working simultaneously to achieve the same goals – A great customer experience that converts into sales. It’s using white space to separate different sections, and using colours, images and videos wisely, while not distracting the user from converting.
When it comes to the hierarchy of your home page layout, you should start with the most important elements and work your way down. Users logically will choose a broad category, and then filter down into the specific information they’re looking for. Your goal is to make this easy.
White space is important in web design because it helps to break up different sections of content. Without White space, everything would look jumbled together and be difficult to read. By using white space judiciously, you can make your home page more visually appealing and easier to navigate.
Images, review sections and videos can also be used to great effect on your home page, breaking up content, but also acting as trust elements which are reinforcing why the user wants to buy from you.
The Six Fundamental Principles of UX Design
There are six fundamental principles of UX design that every designer should follow:
1. Usefulness: The first and most important principle of UX design is usefulness. A website must be useful to the user in order to be successful. It should solve a problem or meet a need that the user has.
2. Usability: Website must be easy to use in order to be successful. It should be intuitive and easy to navigate. The user should be able to accomplish their goals with minimal effort.
3. Desirability: A website must be desirable to the user in order to be successful. It should be attractive and appealing to the user. The user should want to engage and interact with your web design.
4. Findability: A product or service must be easy to find within your web design in order for your user experience to be successful. It should be easy to locate and identify when the user needs it.
5. Credibility: Your website must represent credibility to the user in order for them to trust you.
Although this seems complicated, we make the journey easy for you. Thinkroom is a specialist UX design agency creating stunning websites that convert. Connect with us for a chat and let’s see if we resonate.